As of September 9, 2019, St. Andrew’s has begun its search for a new rector. This page will contain updates on the process.
Search Update: March 31, 2020
Thank you to those parishioners who completed the “Rector’s Search Process Survey” to guide us in our search for St. Andrew’s new Rector. Your time, thoughts, and comments were sincerely appreciated. Each household on our mailing list of 115 received a survey. We also made surveys available at each entrance to the Sanctuary. We received 35 completed surveys in return. That is about a 30% completion rate. The results have recently been compiled and will be mailed to the 115 St. Andrew’s households early next week. The Search Committee continues to do its important work behind the scenes. Please keep us in your prayers. –from your Search Advisory Committee
Search Update: March 12, 2020
Good news! The Wardens and Vestry are happy to announce that The Rev. Jane Brady-Close will be serving as our Interim Rector, beginning on or about May 1. We are excited to welcome her to St. Andrew’s Church.
Search Update: February 24, 2020
Our Rector Search is in full swing! We have a Search Advisory Committee and our Rector Search Process Survey to the parish arrived in parishioners’ mailboxes last week. Surveys are due back March 1 and are already streaming in.
Our Interim Rector search has entered the negotiations phase and we hope to have our interim rector announced soon and in place for May 1. We have supply clergy lined up every Sunday through April, so there is no interruption to our Sunday Eucharist schedule.
Please remember to join us on Sunday mornings at 8 or 10 a.m., so the St. Andrew’s family can gain strength from one another and stay close as we journey the search process together!
Roland LaScala, 2020 Senior Warden & Richard Angelo, 2020 Junior Warden
Search Update: September 11, 2019
As we said goodbye to Rev. Mary last Sunday, we thought we should give an update on where we stand in the search process. The first few weeks have involved a number of preliminary actions:
- The Wardens met with our DEPO Bishop, DeDe Duncan-Probe, on September 4. She was very supportive and encouraging. She will be having a conversation with Bishop Love about our transition shortly.
- We have supply coverage for Sunday worship until year-end, including the Holidays. Coverage will be split between Father Keith Scott, Deacon’s Masses by the Tatems, and Mtr. Jane Brady-Close. We will have one Sunday in October as Morning Prayer led by Rich Angelo. There is a schedule posted opposite the office.
- Tuesday night services will continue. There will be Evening Prayer led by Rich Angelo and the Iannacones.
- The letter to Bishop Love officially notifying him of the vacancy is in process.
- We are in the process of scheduling the first meeting of the Vestry as the Search Committee.
- We are also in conversation with Mtr. Elizabeth Papazoglakis, our diocesan deployment officer to set up our initial meeting.
We will be keeping the parish posted as we go forward.
Duane Wilcox, Senior Warden and Chris D’Alessandro, Junior Warden